This Kentucky Bourbon Alfredo tastes like and has the texture of a traditional alfredo, but it uses a flour-thickened cheese sauce rather than the traditional method. The Bellavitano that I used to make it is a cheddar-Parmesan hybrid, which gives a nod to traditional alfredo, but at the same time kicks out an unexpected tang and interesting flavor. Want to go full-on? Wash it down with a short glass of good whiskey that’s been sitting in ice for about fifteen minutes.
As you can see, I’m using up the cheese from my Five-Tier Cheese Wheel Wedding Cake. These were fantastic cheeses that deserve mainly to be eaten as they are, but no matter how good I have it, my taste buds are always yearning for something new. Know the feeling?
What you need for 6 servings:
How to do it:
- Defrost chicken in the microwave, or thaw it in the fridge overnight, or use a fresh breast.
- Pan-fry the chicken, following this recipe.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the pan. Add butter to the pan, and sauté mushrooms over high heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While that’s going on, get started on the cheese sauce.
- Follow this recipe for the cheese sauce, substituting Kentucky Bourbon Bellavitano cheese for both the cheeses, and considering the bacon optional. Check for salt; very surprising, because the Bellavitano is salty, but you’ll probably find that it needs some. Let the cheese sauce rest as you shred the chicken.
- Toss everything (including any juices that may have seeped from the chicken as it rested) together in the pot you used for the pasta. Serve immediately on a cheese board shaped like the Enterprise; do not wait for the away team to return from the planet surface.
Kentucky Bourbon Alfredo: Make It So!
Credit for images on this page: Make It Like a Man! This content was not solicited – not by The Sexy Food Men of Edmonton 2015 … The Sexy Food Men of Edmonton 2016 least of all – nor was it written in exchange for anything.
Keep up with us on Bloglovin’